Architectural Drafter (South Pasadena, CA)
An Architectural Drafter is sought by a full-service design firm in South Pasadena, CA to perform the following duties:
Job duties include:
• operating computer-aided drafting (CAD) equipment or conventional drafting station to produce designs, working drawings, charts, forms, and records for residences such as custom and multi-family homes, commercial buildings, and mixed-use development structures;
• updating and modifying the drawings or designs based on supervisor’s feedbacks and advices;
• obtaining and assembling data to complete architectural designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary; coordinating with structural, electrical, and mechanical engineers to determine a method of presentation to graphically represent building plans;
• coordinating the construction process;
• preparing detailed drawings and presenting his/her works to consultant engineers;
• estimating the amount of required materials, equipment, and construction time for projects;
• analyzing building codes, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effects on architectural design;
• assisting the company to enhance the construction processes in responding to any alleged violations of rules, regulations, and standards while identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk;
• applying his/her theoretical, educational training in Architectural Design and Construction to practical issues, for instance, collecting information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction schedule; integrating engineering elements into unified architectural designs; laying out and planning interior room arrangements for commercial buildings using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and other software;
• creating architectural renderings and virtual reality documents for presentation.
• communicating with clients to determine objectives and requirements for programming and design;
• resolving problems and issues that arise during construction;
• meeting with clients to review or discuss architectural design and ensuring the design is meeting client’s programming requirements;
• regularly coordinating the work of contractors; supervising, and inspecting the work of draftspersons, technicians, and technologists on construction projects. In the circumstances, for instance, clients’ objectives may violate any local government ordinance, and the Architectural Drafter needs to spot this issue and suggest feasible solutions for clients to choose.
• administering and managing construction contracts;
• assorting construction documents;
• documenting design development;
• performing ad hoc research projects assigned by the management.
1. Master degree in Architecture Design, Architecture or other closely related area;
2. Proficiency in relevant programs such as AutoCAD, SketchUp Pro, Photoshop, Rhinoceros, Lumion 6, Unreal Engine 4, and IrisVR Prospect;
3. Good knowledge of building design, equipment, materials and structures and good skills in drawing, and drafting;
4. Excellent 3D graphic rendering skills and virtual reality design skills;
5. Good problem-solving skills, high work ethics, attention to detail and excellent ability to drive toward superior business results;
6. Ability in handling multi-tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.